Design your kitchen with the gorgeous flow of seamless Formica Solid Surface The beauty of Formica countertops are quite endless as the beauty isn’t just at the surface, the color and texture go all the way through the countertops, giving you a solid, durable option for your kitchen. This seamless countertop provides your kitchen with continuous beauty in every color imaginable from neutral to the most characteristic colors any homeowner could desire for their kitchen.
What is Formica Solid Surface?
Formica Solid Surface Countertops are the result of today’s high technology to give homeowners a safe, durable option without having to sacrifice beauty. A resin based, solid surface countertop, Formica Solid Surface countertops are one of the most durable solid surface options available. A non-porous surface, Formica countertops resist mold, mildew, bacteria and other germs to provide your kitchen with a safe environment to prepare food as well as entertain and take care of your everyday family needs. Formica provides a deep, gorgeous appearance that is resistant to heat, scratches, bacteria and mild impact. Homeowners can rest assured that when they design their kitchens with Formica countertops they are providing their family with a safe, durable environment that can withstand the kitchen with even the highest traffic.
Care & Maintenance of Formica Solid Surface
Since Formica Solid Surfaces are non-porous, it is possible to keep them clean by simply wiping them down with warm water and a soft cloth. A mild dish soap or detergent can also be used when doing daily cleaning. For tougher spills or stains, a general purpose cleaner can be used. Regardless of the type of cleaner used, it is important to always finish the cleaning by rinsing the countertop with clean water and completely drying it with a soft cloth to prevent any residue buildup or water spots on the finish. Formica Solid Surfaces that have a matte finish can be cleaned a little harder than those with a satin or high gloss finish as it doesn’t pose the risk of losing its shine. To keep the appearance of your solid surface countertops uniform, it might be necessary to use an abrasive cleaner periodically as well. Stronger spills or stains might require a little extra cleaning. Spills such as fruit juice or tea can be treated with full strength bleach for two to five minutes. This should then immediately be followed by a regular cleaner as well as rinsed with clean water and then thoroughly dried.
While Formica Solid Surface Countertops are known for their durability, it is imperative to take certain precautions to keep its beauty alive. When using any type of heat source around your countertop, it is important to use a hot pad or trivet between the heat source and your countertop to prevent burns or marring. It’s also important to use a cutting board or other surface in between your countertop and the knife to prevent any scratches or nicks in your countertop.
Colors of Formica Solid Surface Countertops
There are over 100 colors to choose from in Formica Solid Surfacing giving homeowners a wide range of choices to design their kitchen.
- Solid Elements – This collection includes the most versatile and durable colors of the Formica Solid Surface Countertops and are perfect for high traffic kitchens.
- Basic Elements – This collection gives your kitchen the look of stone without the porous material and upkeep that stone requires.
- Traditions – These gorgeous, smooth surfaces offer gorgeous patterns that goes all the way through to provide incredible depth
- Classics – Offering gorgeous colors with gold and amber undertones, this collection offers great texture in colors that will surely add an air of richness to your kitchen
- Signatures – The perfect collection to give your kitchen an upscale look, the colors in this collection range from translucent icy colors to gorgeous shell colors.
- Designer Series – As the name suggests, this is the collection that offers your kitchen a designer look, with colors such as Pearl Mica and Amber Mica, you’ll get a countertop with gorgeous swirls and rich colors to complete your kitchen.
- E-Series – Using both pre-consumer and post-consumer recycled materials, this collection offers gorgeous neutral colors that are earth friendly, making it a smart choice for environmentally conscience homeowners.
Find Out More Here:
Filed under: Countertops
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!